fredag 13. juni 2008

Market day

Yesterday I decided to go to the Albert Cuyp market to have a look around.
I've been there a couple of times already with Boyfriend, but he usually just wants to go down the road and buy stroopwafels (syrup waffles), and go back again. Having a better look at it all I've realised that they have everything at this market... From clothes to exotic footwear,
from birdcages
and handmade soaps
to chocolate boobs and penises (!),
underwear, discount drugstore items, second hand DVD's, fruit and veg stalls,
all sorts of snacks, and these really cute shoes that were unfortunately too big for me (the heel is a little taller than I care for as well, but for 5 euros, what woman cares about that?..),
and these really cool Beatles bags that were not cheap enough for me to impulse buy, but if they're still there next time I visit, I'm getting one!
In short it's a nice place to spend a day when you have nothing in particular planned. And you're likely to find a really good bargain that you didn't even know you were looking for... :)

2 kommentarer:

EM sa...

You know we have to go to that market when I come visit? I could hear my wallet scream as I read the post, haha :D

Sarah sa...

Yeah, I know we do. I was thinking of you when I was there, "Edith would love this!" :)