fredag 6. juni 2008

Lunch with kitty

While some people might find it unsanitary, it's not unusual to walk into a café in Amsterdam and find a cat in the dining room. I myself find it charming.. So today I had lunch with a kitty. He (or possibly she) was actually the main reason I went in in the first place, but the cheese and pesto sandwich was nice too!




Kitty's spot in the sun


Kitty came over to get some cuddles (or possibly some of my lunch..)

A fake kitty on the wall of a house on the Leidsegracht.

Well, as you can probably tell, I am a great cat lover. Unfortunately we are not allowed to have a cat in our apartment, and it's not a nice place for a kitty anyway. Some day perhaps... Until then I'll have to get my kitty fix where I can.

For fellow feline lovers visiting Amsterdam I recommend a visit to the cat boat. It's a floating shelter for abandoned and neglected cats, with visiting hours daily except for Wednesdays. It's located on the Singel canal. I went once and fell in love with a black 3 month old kitten, and I plan to go again one of these days.

Ingen kommentarer: